Who thrives in the SoTech community:
- Â 1) People Â involved in the technology industry
- Â 2) People who work/live in the South or want to see itÂ flourish
- Â 3) CurrentÂ technology leaders and those aspiring to be one
- Â 4) People interested in helping technology companies in the South be successful
- Â 5) People interested in helping rising technology entrepreneurs or aspiring entrepreneurs be successful
- Â 6) People who realize that being a member of SoTech is based on our Pay it Forward belief, store helping others, and elevating the technology profile of the South and not expecting something in return.
Join SoTech in a few easy steps:
Step 1: Join our LinkedIn Group
Step 2: Connect with our Social Networks
Step 3: Consider being a mentor. We’re always in need of those that have done it before that are willing to help carve out a little time to help some rising stars. If that’s you, fill out our form to consider being a mentor, and we’ll be in touch.
eMarketer estimates that 127 million people in the US, there
or 57.5% of internet users, will use social networks at least monthly this year. Facebook alone has over half a billion active users worldwide. Still, many of the smallest businesses donâ€™t believe their customers can be marketed to on such sites, according to an August 2010 survey from customer review platform RatePointâ€¦
When asked if they thought customers wanted to hear from them on social sites, only a quarter of businesses thought they did.
Read the full article from eMarketer.
While this article touches on small businesses current views of social media and its affect on their businesses, it doesnâ€™t address the larger question for small businesses. â€œGiven my specific target customers, what is the best way(s) to reach them with my resources and budget?â€