For all you startup entrepreneurs or work at home types – this is the perfect project for you. A quick and inexpensive (<$30) way to make a whiteboard for your office. Check out my how to guide below.
Most of these supplies can be found at your local hardware store, we found our supplies at Lowes
1. First gather your supplies. Pictured here is the light/medium adhesive, whiteboard pvc end caps, and whiteboard (ie showerboard). Not pictured here are the Command Adhesive strips – you can check those out over here on Amazon.com
2. Next slide on the 8ft end caps to the long sides of the white board. They are super easy to slide on – I didn’t even end up needing to use the glue as they were super tight. Gauge yours to see if you will need the glue or not.
3. After you slide the end caps on the long sides, you will have to cut the remaining end cap to fit onto the shorter sides. This is probably the hardest part of the project. You can cut them a little and then snap them at the cut point – that seemed to be the easiest to me! When you get to a corner you may have to pull the end cap open a little further to fit over the other end cap. They will fit, it just takes a little maneuvering.
4. If you use glue (which I didn’t) allow the glue to dry before going to step 5
5. Once all of the end caps were on attach the Command adhesive strips to the back of the whiteboard. Try to space them out evenly (unlike me!).
5 cont. Last step is to hold the board up where you would like to hang it. I recommend marking it where you want it (make sure it’s level) – the command adhesive strips can be removed but then you will need to buy more! Once you have the location marked, remove the paper backing from the other side of the Command adhesive strips (shown in white above) and press onto the wall in the desired location. Hold for a few minutes to ensure a tight lock. Your new whiteboard is now ready to be used & enjoyed!