ATLANTA, Feb 28, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — This week in Atlanta, healthymagination takes center stage as GE Healthcare uses its technology expo to demonstrate how it will affect cost, quality and access in healthcare systems across the world. At the annual meeting of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, the company will showcase new innovations and achievements from each of its healthcare IT divisions. Among the highlights:
– Debut of GE’s new clinical knowledge platform that enables healthcare delivery organizations to improve performance against their quality targets.
– Launch of GE’s next-generation eHealth Solutions platform — an infrastructure offering that includes expanded services for health information exchange, a clinical portal and a patient health management system.
– Demonstration of planned enhancements to eHealth Information Exchange (HIE) which are expected to enable the HIE to view reports on healthcare quality at the provider level, state level and information exchange level based entirely on information collected from participating providers.
– Enhancing the quality of patient care and addressing the needs of IT professionals, GE Healthcare IT’s latest imaging solution debuts with new technology to bring images to the EMR using a single point of access.
– A suite of rapid implementation packages for GE’s proven electronic medical record and revenue cycle management solutions.
– Announcing the addition of thirty hospitals to the business’ latest Centricity(R) Enterprise EMR platform since November, fueling double-digit growth.