Want to see more applications and features in Google App’s! Well so does Google, recuperation and whats even better they are letting us decide which ones to include. Visit the Google Product Idea page and look at what is up for consideration and vote on the ideas you would like to see added to Google Apps!
Intuit will acquire Medfusion for $91 million in cash, treatment
to expand its software-as-a-service offering.
Medfusion, pills based in Cary, pill
North Carolina, has historically focused on patient-provider communication solutions and works with more than 30,000 healthcare providers. Many of these providers are small businesses, which should allow for an easy bundling option with Intuit’s other product offerings including Quicken Health.
Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) 2010 Startup Showcase expected to draw more than 1, illness
000 business leaders, order
university staff and entrepreneurs.
ATDC has a strong history of incubating new ventures in Georgia, with more than 100 companies graduating in the past, and this year is no different. The 2010 ATDC companies graduating from the incubator include: CommerceV3, Endgame Systems, Izenda and Purewire.
- Date: Monday, May 24th, 2010
- Time: 1:00 – 4:30PM
- Tickets: $10 pre-registered (bring printed email confirmation) and $15 at the door (cash only)
- Location: The Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center, 800 Spring Street, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Sponsors include: Ballard Spahr LLP, Jones Day, DLA Piper LLP, Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP, Silicon Valley Bank and Vendormate
Many people think of video games as “kids stuff”. They do not realize the true size of the market and opportunity across all age levels. How big do you think total revenues for the video game industry in the U.S. is annually?
2009 GAMING POPULATION & SALES (Estimated)
- US: 183.5 million / $25.29 billion
- UK: 31.3 million / £3.78 billion ($5.61 billion)
- Germany: 35.5 million / €3.65 billion ($4.67 billion)
- France: 25.4 million / €3.57 billion ($4.57 billion)
- Netherlands: 9.3 million / €590 million ($754 million)
- Belgium: 4.7 million / €570 million ($729 million)
2009 GAME SALES – US
- Console (including handhelds): 60%
- PC: 16%
- Game portals: 11%
- Massively multiplayer online: 8%
- Mobile (incl. iPhone): 4%
In many ways, new platforms such as the iPhone and iPad have lowered the barrier to entry for independent developers, while increasing the need to focus on marketing and community building. This provides a great opportunity for new and existing developers. There is also a growing need to integrate technology that is readily available in other industries.
Are their opportunities for your company in the gaming industry? There may be more possibilities for extending your technology into the industry than is evident at initial glance.
Read more about the report from NewZoo here.